Important: Itinéraire et l’information uniquement disponible en Anglais.
From the leaning tower to Ponte Vecchio across the lands of Leonardo, Puccini, Pinocchio and of several other artists, sculptors, composers, inventors and painters who were inspired by the beauty of the Tuscan landscape.
The landscape of Tuscany is one of the most beautiful and evocative in Europe, with rolling hills laced with verdant vineyards and cypress trees lining the roads. You’ll pedal from one incredible view to the next, admiring Renaissance art and architecture and getting to know the lands of many great artists of the past, such as Leonardo da Vinci and the composer Giacomo Puccini. The towns of Pisa and Florence do not need any further presentation, but in this tour you’ll discover also picturesque villages where you’ll be tempted by the excellent Tuscan cuisine.
- Type de voyage Self-guided
- Niveau 3
- Durée 8 jours
- Distance 40 km, moyenne par jour
- Montecatini Terme (spa town)
How to get there
Pisa is connected with the following airports:
Pisa: 2 km, Florence: 90 km.
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com.
Accommodation and meals
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites. The hotels of this tour are:
Category A: 3/4* hotels (sometimes a cosy 2* hotel in Lucca)
All rooms have en suite facilities and air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
– double room is a room with one double bed
– twin room is a room with two single beds
– triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
Bikes and accessories
The citybikes are available in various sizes in men’s, women’s or unisex models:
City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
– aluminium frame
– comfort gel saddle
– anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
a water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room (which includes 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers)
1 combination bike lock
We remind you that you are responsible of the rental bikes during the whole tour. Bicycles must be always locked and possibly secured to a pole, even for short periods.
The Information Pack includes:
– roadbook describing the cycling route stage by stage
– bike maps
– information on the cities, towns and villages of the tour
– final hotel list: due to overbooking or organisational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
– luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
– hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival.
Total length: 225/280 km
Total vertical up: 1,110/1,640 m
Terrain: 88% asphalt, 12% unpaved
Train connection among the overnight stays: every day
Possibility to shorten the itinerary by taking the train: day 3, day 5 and 7.
The itinerary runs mostly on a flat area with some hilly parts which do not require particular athletic skills.
Easy cycling in mostly flat areas, with only few short climbs and descents. Little effort required, suitable for most people.