- All nights on board
- Breakfast and dinner on board
- Lunch packages when on the road
- Coffee and tea on board
- Tour guide
- Detailed route description, maps, info-pack
- Wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Support van in the area for alternative excursions and emergencies
- Harbour charges
- Reservation costs € 20,- per party
- Transfer Aigues Mortes – Avignon or Avignon – Aigues Mortes
- Bicycle rent
- Travel risk insurance / cancellation insurance (optional)
- Beverages on board, museums etc.
Operated by local partner.
When booking the name of the ship (Soleo of l’Estello) will be mentioned.
Please take good notice of our booking conditions.
No bike insurance available for this tour.
The program is subject to change without notice.
Individual arrival and boarding is on Saturday after 6 PM in Avignon.
Your mooring place is in Quai de la Ligne next to the famous Pont St. Bénezet.
The nearest international airport is Montpellier-Méditerranée Airport (MPL). The airport is located 80 km/ 50 miles from Avignon.
There are several ways of transportation to get to the mooring place of the barge:
– Connection by shuttle bus+tramway+train: total travel time is between 1.5 and 2.5 hours. Total costs are about € 25,- per person.
– Connection by taxi + train: total travel time between 1.5 and 2 hours. Taxi costs are about € 30,- and the train ticket is € 20,-.
In Avignon there are 2 train stations: Avignon-Centre (distance to the barge is 2.5 km/ 1.5 miles) and Avignon TGV (distance to the barge is 6 km/ 3.75 miles). From Avignon Centre you can take a taxi, costs about € 30,-. Or you can take the bus, travel time about 15 minutes and a ticket costs about € 2,-.From Avignon TGV you can take a taxi, costs about € 30,-. Or you can take the bus, travel time about 1 hour. You need to change buses once. Tickets cost about € 4,-.
Avignon is easily accessible from the highway A7 Lyon-Marseille. There are several parkings where you can leave your car.
Detailed information will be included in your travel documents.
End of the tour
The tour ends one week later, on Saturday morning after breakfast before 9 AM in Aigues-Mortes. You will spend the night from Friday to Saturday on board.At the end of the tour, if you need to return to Avignon, you can take a train or book a private transfer.By train it takes approx. 2 hours (you need to change trains in Nimes). A one-way train ticket (2nd class) costs about € 16,-.
It also is possible to book a private transfer between Aigues Mortes and Avignon. Travel time is about 1.5 hours and the price is € 35,- per person. You need to reserve in advance. Detailed information will be included in your travel documents.