An extraordinary cycle route will let you discover unique landscapes, art cities and the largest European thermal district.
From the superb Dolomites, part of the UNESCO world heritage list, you will start cycling along the river Adige valley, crossroads between people and cultures. Heading south you will reach the palm-lined shores of Garda Lake and then romantic Verona, the town of Romeo and Juliet. In Vicenza you will be fascinated by the architectural genius of Palladio, who made the town his personal showcase. Further on you will reach the Euganean Hills and their renowned thermal district, the largest in Europe. Beautiful Padua, cradle of arts, will open the way to the Venetian lagoon, where the timeless fascination of Venice has lured passersby for centuries (and still does).
Cycling with tour guide
On following departures you can book this tour with a tour guide accompanying you in a small group: June 15, July 6, Aug. 31 and Sept. 28.
- Type of tour Guided, Self-guided
- Level 3
- Duration 8 days
- Distance 50 km, average daily distance
- Recioto, dessert red wine
- Ferry across Lake Garda
- Venice is made for losing yourself!
- Verona, Juliet's House
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
– will present you the tour
– will deliver you the bikes
– will be at your disposal (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details(you receive by mail 14 days before arrival). We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us.
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites. The hotels of this tour are Category A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. All 3/4* hotels have air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
– double room is a room with one double bed
– twin room is a room with two single beds
– triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
The Information Pack includes:
– roadbook describing the cycling route stage by stage
– bike maps
– Cycling Guide book
– final hotel list: due to overbooking or organisational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
– luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
– hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival
– restaurant vouchers (if you have booked half-board)
– Lake Garda ferry-boat voucher: give this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
– ice cream voucher: you can enjoy a free ice cream in one of Vicenza’s most famous ice cream parlours
– Villa Valmarana ai Nani voucher: you can enjoy a free entrance ticket to this beautiful villa in Vicenza, famous for Tiepolo’s frescoes.
Bikes and accessories
The Citybikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
– aluminium frame
– comfort gel saddle
– anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
a water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room (which includes 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers)
1 combination bike lock
You can also rent children’s bikes, child seats, bike trailer, follow me tandem and helmets.