Few landscapes in Europe match the unique beauty of the Dolomites, part of the UNESCO world heritage list since 2009.
The cycling route starts in the heart of these superb mountains and following the course of the river Adige takes you to the palm-lined shores of Lake Garda. Further on, you’ll explore some remarkable Italian cities such as Verona, the town of Romeo & Juliet, Vicenza, renowned for the classical Palladio architecture, and Padua, home to one of the oldest Italian (and European) universities. At the end of the trip the timeless fascination of Venice will invite you to an exploration by foot and by water along its canals and small “calli”.
Cycling with tour guide
On certain departures you can book this tour with a tour guide accompanying you in a small group: April 21, May 12, June 16, July 7, Sept. 15 and Sept. 29.
- Type of tour Guided, Self-guided
- Level 3
- Duration 8 days
- Distance 50 km, average daily distance
- Recioto, dessert red wine
- Ferry across Lake Garda
- Venice is made for losing yourself!
- Verona, Juliet's House
- 7 Nights hotel accommodation (mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels)
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing in English
- Luggage transportation
- Travel Guide book, maps, roadbook
- 4-hour ferry cruise on Lake Garda
- Hotline service
- Entrance into Villa Valmarana ai Nani
- Ice-cream in the best ice cream parlour in Vicenza
Extra included guided tour:
- 7 dinners (3-course meals, 1 dinner in Venice)
- Guide accompanying the group
- Support van in the area
- Wine tasting
- Guided visits of Verona and Venice
Our tour leaders are carefully selected and rigorously trained by Girolibero. They are all multi-lingual, and speak at least English and German. Smart, entertaining, caring and endlessly enthusiastic, they have a true passion for sharing their love of the outdoors, people, culture and local food. Thanks to a deep knowledge of the territory, they can give you useful hints and help you appreciate the place you are visiting. Of course they love cycling and will be happy to give you some advice about how to correctly use the bicycle gears and whenever necessary they can fix your flat tyre. As we like to say, our tour leaders are CDO (Controlled Designation of Origin), a real traveler’s ticket to discover the land with ease and to live an unforgettable active travel experience.
- Reservation costs € 20,- per party
- Bicycle rent
- Entrance fees to museums etc.
- Personal insurance/ Cancellation insurance
- Local taxes (approx. €10,-/15,- ).
- Train transfers
- Operated by local partner.
- Departure on Saturday and Sunday from March 24th until October 20th 2018; departure also on Tuesday and Wednesday from May 15th until Sept. 12th 2018.
- Please take good notice of our Terms & Conditions.
- The program is subject to change without notice.
How to get there
Bolzano is connected with the following airports:
Innsbruck: 120 km, Verona: 150 km, Bergamo: 240 km, Venice: 280 km, Treviso: 280 km, Milan: 300 km
For further information on timetables and prices you can consult the following website: www.trenitalia.com
In Bolzano you will meet our representative who:
– will present you the tour
– will deliver you the bikes
– will be at your disposal (about 30 minutes) for any questions you may have.
The exact time and place of the meeting will be specified in the Final Tour Details(you receive by mail 14 days before arrival). We kindly ask you to advise if you cannot attend the meeting.
For the whole duration of your bike tour, you can contact us.
We personally choose all the hotels mindful of your comfort as well as the proximity to cycling paths and any relevant local sites. The hotels of this tour are Category A: mainly 4* hotels, with some 3* hotels.
All rooms have en suite facilities. All 3/4* hotels have air conditioning.
When you book the tour please specify the type of room requested:
– double room is a room with one double bed
– twin room is a room with two single beds
– triple room is usually a room with one double bed and a single bed or a rollaway.
The Information Pack includes:
– roadbook describing the cycling route stage by stage
– bike maps
– Cycling Guide book
– final hotel list: due to overbooking or organisational needs your hotel list may be changed just before your arrival
– luggage labels to be fixed at each piece of baggage, which has to be carried
– hotel vouchers to be given to the reception of each hotel on your arrival
– restaurant vouchers (if you have booked half-board)
– Lake Garda ferry-boat voucher: give this voucher to the ticket office in Riva del Garda to get your passage by ferry-boat to Peschiera or Desenzano del Garda
– ice cream voucher: you can enjoy a free ice cream in one of Vicenza’s most famous ice cream parlours
– Villa Valmarana ai Nani voucher: you can enjoy a free entrance ticket to this beautiful villa in Vicenza, famous for Tiepolo’s frescoes.
Bikes and accessories
The Citybikes are available in various sizes in unisex/women’s or men’s models. At the moment of booking, you can choose from the following bikes:
City bike 27-gear Shimano Deore
– aluminium frame
– comfort gel saddle
– anti-puncture Schwalbe tyres
1 cycle computer
1 Ortlieb one-sided saddlebag
1 front bar bag or 1 map holder
a water bottle (0.75 l)
1 repair kit per room (which includes 1 spare inner tube, glue, patch, a pump, 2 allen keys and tyre levers)
1 combination bike lock
You can also rent children’s bikes, child seats, bike trailer, follow me tandem and helmets.